CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Welcome Nemo!












This is the newest addition to our family: Nemo. He's a chocolate lab from the Bergin University here in Santa Rosa. We will be his foster family for a year. He's a part of an assistance dog program and will eventually be a service dog for someone with special needs. Our role is to socialize him and teach basic training. It's been a huge learning experience for me. He's a really sweet dog, almost 6 months old now. The boys adore him. He is Noah's personal horse, Ashton's wrestling partner and sometimes he drives me absolutely crazy! Ireally feel like I have 3 toddlers now (4 if you count Ethan:)). But I'm learning and at the end of all of this I will definitely know if I'm ready to get a dog of our own. "Leave it" is now my mantra, and I have learned that what works well for a puppy often works for a one year old as well. I'm still contimplating getting a crate for Noah as well, ha ha! I'm not sure who gets into more trouble Nemo or Noah, I often find myself saying "Nemoah! leave it!!!!!!". If this doesn't teach me patience, I don't know what will. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.



1 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Puppies and one year olds listen the same... note to self for future reference! Thanks!