CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 13, 2009

quilt project













Since Ethan bought me a sewing machine two years ago for Christmas I have turned into a sewing fiend. I mostly sew baby blankets and quilts, but it has come in handing with window coverings and pillows for decorating as well. I've recently become more ambitious and started making larger throws and bed size quilts. I really enjoy it but I've been terrible at documenting it. So I'm going to try and be better at taking pictures. This is a picture of my most recent quilting project. When I finished it Ashton said " wow mommy those are really beautiful colors", what a sweetheart! Any ways, here it is, let me know what you think.


6 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

Nice work...love the quilt. Makes me jealous. I need to buy myself another sewing machine. I have been going through quilting withdrawals for about 2 years now

Shauna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt, I've been really wanting one for our bed lately. I like the quilts w/ the modern fabric and different designs, yours is gorgeous! Can I get Brannon to commission you to make one for me someday? Seriously. I mean it, seriously. Love all of your new pics- bout time!

Shauna said...

Seriously

Cindy said...

Looks great! I'm so impressed. I suddenly had an urge a couple of months ago to make a quilt. Problem is, I have no idea how to do it and I don't have a sewing machine. Oh well!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Uh yeah! Beautiful!
But I must say everything you have always picked out is cute and pretty.
Why wouldn't this be?
Very cool! Can't wait to see more!

Lezlie Lee said...

Thanks everyone, it gives me a boost of confidence. I like doing it, but I'm never quite sure if what I like would be something others would like. Shauna, I would seriously love to make you a quilt. I'm actually making my sister Shaneil's girl's quilts for their beds and a throw for hers. I love doing it. It's a great outlet for me.