CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quilts, Quilts and more quilts






The top Quilt was a project I collaborated with my sister Shaneil on. She hand stitched the names, (all of my siblings, yes there are nine of us) on pieces of muslin and then sent them to me and I put the nine blocks together into a quilt for my mom and dad for Christmas. The floral purple quilt I made for my niece Haley who is also in the picture. The Pink one is for my soon to be niece Molly, Emily is Due in February. And the brown and blue one I made for my cousin Yvonne's Son Talon. I love playing with different textures and patterns. The two larger quilts gave me an opportunity to test out my free motion foot on my sewing machine. The purple quilt for my neice used 6 spools of thread for just the quilting portion!

1 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

We LOVE Talon's quilt. It is used everyday. I wish you lived closer so you could teach me how to do the machine quilting. I sooo want to learn!